For some legal matters, you may only need occasional assistance from a family law attorney. If so, we can help in this area as well. Limited legal family law services are available on an as-needed basis, and this can help keep your legal expenses low. You’ll still be in charge of your own family law matter, as well as all the decision-making, but you’ll have the added benefit of the knowledge of an experienced attorney when it comes to filing documents or reviewing materials before they are submitted to the court. General legal advice on family law is also available.
Our Santa Clara and Monterey family law attorneys offer the following:
- Legal advice regarding alternative dispute resolution
- Legal analysis
- Legal research
- Assistance when planning court appearances and negotiations
- Review services for:
- Documents prepared by your spouse’s attorney
- Individually prepared documents
- Case evaluation and suggestions regarding your legal rights
- Guidance and education regarding filing or serving documents
- Advice regarding mediation or arbitration
- Recommendations regarding documents you should prepare
- Legal document preparation
- Drafting services, including motions, pleadings, etc.
- Discovery, which includes depositions, interrogatories, and requests for documents
- Telephone assistance on a standby basis during settlements or negotiations
Our attorneys work on an as-needed basis and completes only the tasks and services that have been mutually agreed to in writing. The attorney will not represent you or appear in family court on your behalf unless hired for a single appearance. Please note that you will continue to represent yourself during your case, in pro per, unless a one-time appearance has been agreed upon.
If the limited legal services described above fit your needs, contact our Santa Cruz office today to learn more about the ways we can help you with your family law case.