Divorce Options Workshop will help a potential divorcing party explore his or her options and make informed decisions about which process will most likely lead to his or her desired outcomes.
Divorce Options™ will help a party take control of his or her divorce and move forward, with guidance from trained professionals in law, finance and counseling
Divorce Options™ provides up-to-date, unbiased information about:
- Spousal support, alimony and child support
- Separate and community property
- Tax consequences of divorce
- Legal and physical custody
- Impact of separation and divorce on children
Find the answers to important questions about divorce:
- What happens in court?
- How much time do divorces take?
- How much do divorces cost?
- How do you get started?
- What resources are available?
Learn the advantages and disadvantages of:
- Self-representation (Pro per, or “do-it-yourself”)
- Collaborative Practice
Get advice from professionals on how to:
- Talk to children about divorce
- Protect the things that are important
- Preserve family relationships
- Maintain emotional health and lessen stress
- Work together versus being at odds
- Retain control of the divorce process
Who Should Attend Divorce Options™
Workshops are open to all individuals and couples in California who are contemplating separation or divorce
- Whether married, domestic partners or cohabiting
- Whether same or opposite gender
- With or without children
Divorce Options™ workshops are presented by a team of Collaborative Practice experts trained in this unique process: a Collaborative Divorce lawyer, a financial specialist and a divorce/communication coach. Each team member has experience guiding parties successfully through a divorce without time consuming and costly litigation.
The cost of the three-hour workshop varies according to the local practice group.
Divorce Options™ workshops are presented by Collaborative Practice California member groups throughout the state.
Pre-registration is not always required.
Dates and locations of Divorce Options Workshops in Sacramento Area can be found on the Sacramento Collaborative Practice Group site.