Attorney at Law
Attorney Brian J. Lutz, focuses his practice in all areas of Family Law, including, dissolution of marriage and domestic partnerships, legal separation, child support and custody, income and asset analysis for support purposes, support modifications, characterization of property issues, mediation, paternity, domestic violence issues, and pre/post-marital agreements. He takes a cooperative, respectful, and professional approach to achieve a meaningful resolution for his clients in the most cost-effective manner. Brian prides himself with his attention to detail, while being mindful of his client’s individual needs concerning their case.
Prior to becoming an attorney, Brian spent 15 years in law enforcement with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department. He procured an early retirement at the rank of sergeant in order to move to Sacramento, be closer to family, and pursue his ambition to be an attorney. Although he enjoyed many facets with the Sheriff’s Department, Brian dedicated his efforts to community-based policing by developing meaningful relationships with the citizens of a neighborhood.
Further, upon moving to Sacramento, Brian became an On-Call/Reserve Deputy Sheriff for the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department. Lastly, during his tenure in law enforcement, Brian went back to school to achieve his Master’s Degree in Public Administration.
When Brian is not practicing law or spending time with his wife and two children, he is on the golf course, traveling, or leisurely reading.
Contact Brian at Family Law Center to schedule an initial consultation.
- The State Bar of California – Admitted to Practice Law
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) – Lincoln Law School of Sacramento
- Academic Achievement Award – Lincoln Law School of Sacramento
- Dean’s Honor List – Lincoln Law School of Sacramento
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration (M.P.A) – California State University, Northridge
- Bachelor of Science Degree (B.S.) in Biology – San Diego State University
- Attorney’s Briefcase – Family Law Bootcamp -– Garrett C. Dailey
Professional Organization Membership:
- Sacramento County Bar Association – Family Law Section
- California Lawyers Association – Family Law Section
- Delta Theta Phi – Law Fraternity, International