Divorce Mediation Services
Carol will provide you information about the law as it pertains to your situation, including property division and will run a guideline calculation of child and spousal support.
This process allows you and your spouse to make the decisions together, rather than attorneys going back and forth with your information or having to argue your case in court before a judge.
- Mediation allows the parties to obtain legal information from a neutral, non-adversarial attorney at the same time.
- Mediation is less expensive than traditional litigation, making it economically feasible for almost all couples.
- Mediation reduces the fears associated with divorce or legal separation.
- Mediation does not require any court appearances.
- Mediation avoids the polarization and hostility that often result from court proceedings.
- Mediation allows the parties direct involvement in the decision making process.
- Mediation allows the parties to move at a mutually agreeable pace, usually taking a fraction of the time compared to court proceedings.
- Mediation establishes a level of communication and cooperation between the parties that is certain to pay dividends long into the future.
- Mediation assists the parties with children in transitioning from marital partners to parenting partners.
- Mediation allows for the development of a parenting plan in everyone’s best interest, especially the children.
Is Carol my mediator and attorney?
Carol Delzer is a licensed California attorney, and Certified Family Law Specialist, however in the role of mediator she is not acting as an attorney for either party nor is she acting as an attorney for both parties. Instead, it is her role as mediator is to provide each party, in the presence of the other, with the information necessary to allow them to make informed decisions regarding legal issues. She will also prepare all the paperwork and file it with the court, so you never have to go to court.
Do I need an attorney?
Family Law Center will prepare all the court documents you will need, including but not limited to: A Petition for Dissolution, A Summons with automatic orders, your Marital Settlement Agreement, a Qualified Domestic Relations Order, if you are dividing a retirement plan and any other necessary court documents needed to obtain a divorce.
We always encourage our mediation clients to seek an independent attorney for consultation, advice, or further information if there are complex issues, such as tax considerations, valuation problems, conflict impasse, or for a review of legal agreements.
What is it going to cost?
Mediation is generally the least expensive process to obtain a divorce that is attorney guided.
The cost for divorce mediation is less expensive than any other professional legal option. We do not charge a retainer, you pay as you go and only pay for the services you request.
Carol Delzer offers a 30 minute initial consultation at a discount for $75 for 30 minutes.
The court documents prepared by Family Law Center are charged at flat fee basis and the cost are fixed in the Confidential Mediation Agreement you will receive when you have your 30 minute mediation consultation.
There is No Retainer for Carol’s mediation services. Unlike paying a retainer to an attorney.
You control how much time you spend in mediation. Carol will give you direction and homework assignments to keep the cost down, work you would normally pay an attorney to do.
Carol charges her hourly rate of $400 an hour when mediating and often couples share this and then only have to pay 50% or 1/2 the hourly rate.
Carol has clients come from throughout Northern California for her mediation services.
Find out why Carol Delzer is Northern California’s leading Divorce Mediator Info@FamilyLawCenter.US
All Major Credit Cards Accepted